Greensboro's Thyroid and Diabetes Specialist
I am pleased to announce that I will join Wake Forest Baptist Health, effective January 1, 2018:
- My new practice name will be Wake Forest Baptist Health Endocrinology – North Elm.
- The practice will be conveniently located at Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Plaza – North Elm (3903 N. Elm Street, Greensboro), just 4 minutes north of my current office.
- Office and lab hours will remain the same.
- For your convenience, my existing office number, 336-378-1074, will remain active for a period of time but you may begin using my new phone number, 336-713-7251, starting January 1.
- For your convenience, we will continue to draw labs at the new location.
- Wake Forest Baptist Health will securely store your electronic medical records from Greensboro Endocrinology.
- If you wish to transfer your care to another physician (or if you want a copy of your medical records):
- Before January 1, 2018 please call 336-378-1074.
- After January 1, 2018 please call 336-713-7251.
- We will carry forward all currently scheduled lab and visit appointments to the new practice. If you have an appointment scheduled December 18 - January 5 we will contact you to reschedule.
- We will provide phone call reminders a few days ahead of appointments.
A note to my existing patients: It remains my sincere privilege to participate in your care. As always, my top priority is to provide you with the highest level of personalized, quality care, while working collaboratively with the rest of your healthcare team. I’m grateful for the trust you’ve placed in me. It would be my honor to continue to participate in your care; I hope you will choose to move with me. As always, we are happy to address any questions or concerns you may have. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work together to help make this a smooth transition.
Michael D. Altheimer, MD, FACE
Welcome to Greensboro Endocrinology, the endocrinology, diabetes, and internal medicine practice of Michael D. Altheimer, MD. Board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, Dr. Altheimer has built a reputation for providing high quality and exceptionally personalized care since establishing his practice in Greensboro, NC, in 1986.
At Greensboro Endocrinology, we take the time to listen to your concerns. We provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based care, delivered in an individualized and compassionate manner. Most of our patients seek long-term care for diabetes, lipid disorders, thyroid conditions, and/or other endocrine and metabolic problems. Most often, this is done in the form of consultative care—working closely with your primary care physician or other referring provider. In addition, for a smaller segment of our patient population, we provide comprehensive long-term adult primary medical care with a focus on wellness and prevention. We encourage all of our patients to be well-informed and active participants in their own healthcare. Thank you for placing your trust in our practice as we partner in your care.
In order to assure the highest level of personalized service and patient satisfaction, each member of our team is carefully chosen—based on training, experience, competence, and (most importantly) a genuine caring attitude.
Greensboro Endocrinology will soon offer our patients secure, 24/7 online access to important information in their electronic medical records, as well as secure communications, through our patient portal.
Conveniently located off North Elm Street (at the first traffic light north of Cone Blvd), at 7C Corporate Center Court, Greensboro Endocrinology shares space, staff, lab, and support services with Medoff Medical, which is the established gastroenterology practice of Jeffrey Medoff, MD.
We hope you find the information on this website helpful. Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Dr. Altheimer has been my endocrinologist for several years. Upon my first visit I found him knowledgeable and well informed, and he instilled in me a confidence that he could resolve my medical issues. I have been extremely pleased with my treatment and would not hesitate to continue having him as my physician.